Tuesday, June 16, 2009

The Dead, The Living, The Prison, The Wild

I was looking through pictures I took whilst on my recent R&R back home at Samarai and came across pictures I took of a funeral I attended at Kwato Island. The funeral was for a very nice lady (in my view not supposed to be gone this early anyway) who was also quite popular in the area; undoubtedly her proffession as a registered nurse opting to work in rural health centres her entire life up to her retirement was a big influence in her popularity.
















As her coffin was taken out of her house on the way to the Kwato church for her last service and amidst the wailing of her immediate families and close relatives, I had this familiar thought creep back into my mind (a thought that ALWAYS comes back to me EVERYTIME I witness this funerals).

I know the crying is for someone you will not see, talk to, expect for, love (and every other thing you relate to with every other living human being in every day living) etc, etc etc, in a person. Of course you shed a tear or two even at a funeral for someone you don't know..............but have you thought about yourself?

Think for a moment.................whilst that person (now dead) does not need to worry about the daily burdens of everyday living, toiling and surviving (because of being in the state of being dead), we the living ones have to carry on facing the moments into the future!!!

Things in vain like, "right when I finish with this burial, I wonder if I have enough fuel to go back to Samarai," or "tomorrow will need to complete that project at work as I've taken the day off today," (like my wife did).

Many a times I suppose we should be crying more for ourselves (those living) then for those that are dead!!



Now on a a more serious note, can you swallow this!!!!

PRISIONERS ARE ACTUALLY LOVING IT BEING IN PRISON. SOME SERVE THEIR TIME, GET OUT AND COMMIT ANOTHER SIMPLY TO GET BACK IN!!!! You think they've gone loco??...........they get three meals a day, a toothbrush, soap etc. Never mind the beating they get before they get there!!!

I should also point to you the link of what a consultant had to say about the recent commotions about '50% of AUSAID money paying consultants'..........catch 'Missives from Port Moresby and beyond.'

And just so there is plenty to read and whilst I am at it I should tell you what's doing in my kingdom.
(Ryan! if you seeing this - the maid's left the lead Pilot, Matt's tent and now spends her time with Cathy competing for my attention!!!

In our camp office we have in our employment this admin assistant (just like the one you have that pops up on the screen??) whose last job description includes 'sleep all day' (note the 'time' status, if your sights good).


"O'oohK, (yaawwwwn & strrreetching) no more printing, photocopying, scanning aaand lets see yes no more faxing......I'll just the pull the cover here aaand..................







GONE.........







stiiiilllll gone.......................


For want of a name our Chef calls her 'Tiger'

(I never asked why & am not goig to)




And then we have our security personnel..........quite a smarty fellow always on the lookout whom I call 'Kokofa'. He is always hanging around the long drop toilet.













Hoi, who goes there...........??








BOOOOOSSSSSS!!!!! (Moses Salama)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yu have a great sense of humor my friend...brahahahahah...especially the last bit about the kokofa